Apple Pie Ice Cream
Ingredients1 h 35 m servings 780
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Mix the crushed cookies with 1 tablespoon of melted butter, and press onto a baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven for 5 minutes, then remove, allow to cool completely, then crumble.
- Melt the remaining 1 tablespoon of butter in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in the apples, 3 tablespoons sugar, and 1 teaspoon cinnamon. Cook until the apples have lightly browned, and the sugar has begun to caramelize, about 10 minutes. Remove from the pan, and allow to cool completely.
- Combine cream, half and half, 1 cup sugar, eggs, vanilla, and 2 teaspoons of cinnamon in a large bowl; mix to blend well. Pour into an ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer's instructions.
- When the ice cream has finished, stir in the crumbled cookie, caramelized apples, and walnuts. Add the dulce de leche by the teaspoon while stirring to evenly distribute.
Per Serving: 780 calories; 56 63.9 9.8 233 270 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 26
This turned out pretty good. I did make 3 minor changes. First, since I used the hard store-bought cookies I just crumbled them and added without the baking step. Second I chopped the apples int...
This is the best ice cream I have ever had! I chopped my apples instead of leaving them in slices. I also added an extra tsp of cinnamon to the apples by sheer accident, it turned out to be fine...
I love this recipe. I did, as suggested, leave the nuts out and I diced the apples into small pieces. I also used only 2 tsp. of cinn. I entered this recipe in an apple dessert contest and wo...
I really enjoy competing in the Ice Cream Crank Off at our County Fair. I have not particapated in several years and have always done well. Competed in State Fair Crank off and place 3rd. This r...
This tasted just like apple pie ala mode!! It was delicious! My changes were substituting vanilla wafers for the oatmeal cookies and omitting the nuts & caramel sauce.
This was really good with a FEW minor changes. I followed the 'chopped not sliced' advice of another reviewer, which made it really quick and easy, and since I think nuts are icky I left them o...
Fabulous in all ways, wouldn't change a thing. I did cook the creams and egg because of the raw egg issue. If you do this, make sure the cooked mixture cools almost to room temp before putting i...
I served this as a Memorial Day dessert, and it was absolutely delicious and loved by all. I scaled down the recipe to 6 servings, and the mixture fit perfectly in my 1-quart ice cream maker. ...