Ingredients1 h 2 m servings 32
- Prepare cake batter and bake as directed on package for 24 cupcakes; cool completely.
- Add boiling water to gelatin mix in medium bowl; stir 2 min. until completely dissolved. Refrigerate 15 min. or until slightly thickened.
- Whisk COOL WHIP gradually into gelatin until well blended. Spread onto cupcakes, using about 2 Tbsp. for each. Top with cherries just before serving.
- Variation: Prepare using 1 pkg. (0.3 oz.) JELL-O Black Cherry Flavor Sugar Free Gelatin and COOL WHIP LITE Whipped Topping.
- Variation: Prepare using your favorite flavor of JELL-O Gelatin and a garnish of your choice.
- Orange Cream Cupcakes: Prepare using a yellow cake mix and JELL-O Orange Flavor Gelatin. Substitute twisted orange slices for the cherries.
Per Serving: 32 calories; 0.7 6 0.3 0 17 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
big fail.....the cupcakes were fool proof. but the frosting was a disaster. Be really careful to not put in the jello for too long in the fridge once it gets too "solid" it clumps with the coolw...
I had no problem with the jello. The cupcake are rave worthy. I did use a red velvet cake mix and rolled the cherries in sugar. Oh yummy!
i give this a 3 only because the idea of the cupcake with the frosting is awesome. but i had a hard time with the jello and making the consistanty it should have been.. i'm gunna keep trying un...