This is it. For always and forever, this is going to be the sweet potato casserole around our home! Off the charts, five stars simply doesn't do it justice.
Made a couple of minor changes:
1. Used canned yams, drained.
2. Used a lot less sugar, because of the canned yams. I started out with a 1/3 cup and kept adding for taste.
3. Used unwhipped whipping cream as I forgot to get evaporated milk. Worked fabulously.
4. Before putting on pecan streusel, dusted the top with cinnamon.
5. Made even more topping, as suggested by others.
These changes were more about what I had in the house, rather than any problem with the recipe.
Thanksgiving guests went wild over it.
Look no more, this is THE recipe for holiday meals! Thanks for sharing it!
Was this review helpful?
7 users found this review helpful
This is it. For always and forever, this is going to be the sweet potato casserole around our...