In 5 years using this site, this is my favorite recipe. So good; so versatile. Great in burritos, over rice, on top of salads, etc. So, so good.
- I use a 4lb pork shoulder (because this is so good you'll want leftovers for the week)
- I initially cook the pork with the fat on (fat side up in the water), then remove the fat when I cut into quarters and add all the other stuff
- Fire roasted salsa makes this great
- 1 cup brown sugar is plenty
- recommend 3 tbs fajita seasoning and 3 tbs taco seasoning (even a smidge more of both)
- The "taco seasoning I" recipe on this site is awesome if you don't have any taco seasoning on hand. Makes the perfect amount for this recipe too.
Enjoy. Leftovers heated up and served on top of a salad dressed with ranch = heavenly.
Was this review helpful?
6 users found this review helpful
In 5 years using this site, this is my favorite recipe. So good; so versatile. Great in...