Well, after reading through the recipe, a few of the "Least Positive" reviews, and actually trying out the recipe, I've come to the conclusion that a few factors should be changed:
- Add an egg to the cream cheese mix, it'll make the filling a lot thicker and more cheesecake-like.
- Cut the amount of sugar in the filling by half, otherwise it tastes like a mouthful of cream cheese frosting.
- Instead of crumbling butter on top, which results in gross puddles of fat, try brushing melted butter on top of the dough, then sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar. You should be using 3-4 TBSP of butter at most, not half a cup. Croissant dough is very flaky and buttery as is, any more and you'll be swimming in saturated fat.
- Nix the honey if you don't have that big of a sweet tooth. It'll definitely help; honey is overly sweet on it's own.
- Lastly, refrigerate before cutting, otherwise the cream cheese won't set and cut well.
Was this review helpful?
5 users found this review helpful
Well, after reading through the recipe, a few of the "Least Positive" reviews, and actually...