I added the following items to the original recipe: 1 can of crab meat, 2.25 oz of black olives, 2 cloves of garlic, 2 jalapenos, 1 more 8 oz bag of cheese, sour cream, cilantro and 1 avocado. I also used white corn tortillas and briefly sautéed each of them in a pat of butter so they don’t tear when you roll them.
I mixed all of the following in a large mixing bowl:
- 2 (6 ounce) can crab meat, drained very well
- 1lb shrimp, shelled deveined and cut into thirds
- 2.25 oz can of black olives
- 3.5 oz can of green chilies
- 1 bunch of green onions, chopped
- 5 oz of the green enchilada sauce
- 2 full tbsp of sour cream
- Dash of salt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and minced
I put 2 teaspoons of the above mixture and a handful of cheese in each tortilla. (I ended up using 1 of the bags of cheese during this step)
I fit all this into a 14.75 x 10.5 pan (bigger than recommended) and was able to fit 10 enchiladas total. I then spread the remaining 15 oz of enchilada sauce and 2nd bag of cheese on top.
After cooking, I topped the cooked enchiladas off with finely chopped fresh cilantro and cold, diced avocado. I served with Mexican rice and black beans.
Was this review helpful?
4 users found this review helpful
I added the following items to the original recipe: 1 can of crab meat, 2.25 oz of black...