I am begged to make these every year! Kids, neighbors, coworkers etc. I have read the reviews and have picked up some helpful tips. Here are my 2 cents.I use Heath Bar chips (instead of pecans) on mine and it takes it to another level. I make about 10 pans of this every Holiday.
!. Must have non stick foil wrap. YES NON STICK KIND.
2. Use your timers!
3. Don't touch the butter and brown sugar mixture once it starts boiling. Boil for three minutes.
4. I use heath bar chips (located in baking aisle)Once the mixture comes out of the oven I sprinkle them over the bubbling mixture and then put back into the oven for 2 mins.
5. Then I take it out and sprinkle the semi sweet chocolate chips on it aprox. 1 cup. Let it sit on there for two minutes or so and when soft I spread it around. I used to put the chocolate chips on then put back into the oven and for some reason it makes them hard to spread. Just let the heat of mixture soften them.
6. Buy a silicone spatula. It does make a difference
7. Let it sit out for at least 30 mins before putting in fridge. This lets it absorb into the cracker.
Was this review helpful?
3 users found this review helpful
I am begged to make these every year! Kids, neighbors, coworkers etc. I have read the reviews...