Great soup! The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is because I actually made quite a few changes, which in my opinion, made it much better!
1. I roasted the peppers in the oven first- simply placed them whole on a tray at abut 400 degrees, flipping them over once. They're ready once they become a bit black and the skin starts to peel.
2. I used half the butter and olive oil for the other half- I sautéed grated carrot and celery along with the onion and garlic, then added the roasted peppers before adding the broth
3. After simmering, I blended it together right in the pot, no need to transfer or strain
5. Then add the cream (I used light cream, but more than the recipe indicates) and I also added some parmesan cheese
6. I added salt, pepper, thyme, oregano and a small amount of cayenne then let it simmer a bit longer so all the flavours can blend together
It was a success!
Was this review helpful?
1 user found this review helpful
Great soup! The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is because I actually made quite a few...