Recipe after recipe, I've failed at creating the perfect cake/cupcake. And seeing how this recipe only had 4 reviews, I was hesitant to try. But boy am I glad to have taken that leap of faith. They were a huge hit with the crowd when I brought them to a July 4th BBQ party. Granted, I didn't use the entire recipe and tweaked the cake part of the recipe based on what I had on hand. But the result was scrumptious.
- Vanilla instant pudding mix
- orange juice instead of lemon (not as strong a flavor, but figured put it in there so the amount of liquid is consistent)
- frosting: strawberry frosting from All About Cupcakes
- 18 minutes in a convection oven
- could be more moist
- a little bit on the sweet side, so next time I'll probably cut the sugar by some
- Overall: 5 stars :)
Was this review helpful?
3 users found this review helpful
Recipe after recipe, I've failed at creating the perfect cake/cupcake. And seeing how this...