I made this chili for dinner last night and was REALLY pleased with it. I am not a chili person at all, so that should tell you something. A few notes:
1) like others, I cooked the quinoa in broth (low sodium vegetable). I think red quinoa is key - don't swap out for the white variety.
2) Next time, we'll add more chipotle peppers / adobo sauce. It was very nice w/ the amount recommended in the recipe, but a little more would be great.
3) I added large chunks of portobella mushrooms close to the end of the cooking process (along with the corn, basically) as I like them in just about everything. They were excellent.
4) Next time, I'll add more zucchini (I shred mine) and will probably do away with the bell peppers (just a preference thing - I'm not crazy about bell peppers in general and don't feel like they add much, other than color.
5) I used roughly 6 cloves of garlic. We're garlic people. Next time, will do same and probably add some garlic powder, too.
We're not vegetarians, but I prefer cooking vegetarian meals (just more interesting than meat-based dishes, in my opinion) and as many of our friends are vegetarians, I try to keep a batch of recipes on-hand that will please everyone.
Even as-is, I feel like I could have served this to company.
Was this review helpful?
5 users found this review helpful
I made this chili for dinner last night and was REALLY pleased with it. I am not a chili...