Recipe by KTJ2268
"These are addicting little bites of goodness. A little sweet, and little salty, and extremely easy! If you are a white chocolate fan, use foil-wrapped white chocolate pieces instead of milk chocolate. Make these for a game day party or any get-together, and you will be very popular."
Hmm. None of these ingredients are on sale today.
Show ingredients on sale
Sort stores by
Save money at local stores when ingredients are on sale!
Watch video tips and tricks
foil-wrapped milk chocolate pieces (such as Hershey's Kisses®)
candy-coated milk chocolate pieces (such as M&M's®)
I give this recipe a 5-star by experience.... I have made these treats for years..... but let me give you a tip or 2 to make it easier:
1. Use chocolate WAFERS, not Kisses. Wafers are chocolate discs, sold in a bag specifically for making candy - no need to unwrap! You can buy them from craft stores like AC Moore (in many different colors!) or from grocery stores that sell bulk foods.
2. Spread out the pretzels, a wafer balanced on top of each one, on a cookie sheet so they are not touching - no need for aluminum foil.
3. I put mine in a 250 oven for 10 minutes.... a little longer & cooler than written here, but it's really important to make the chocolate SOFT, but NOT melted!
4. Press the M&M down enough to make the softened choc. wafter hug the pretzel... then let it cool COMPLETELY! (If it doesn't, the chocolate will fall off when you move it.) I like to make several cookie trays full right before bed, then leave them sit out on the counter overnight & put away in the am.
*They are wonderful holiday treats! I have made red & green ones at Christmas, ones in school colors for a graduation party, and at Easter: use pretzel snaps (looks like a basket weave), green wafers (like Easter grass), & egg-shaped M&M's on top. ALWAYS A HIT!!
Epic fail. Tried aluminum foil, parchment, adjusted heat lower, higher heat the chocolate wouldn't melt and crumbled when pushing the m&m in.
I let my 5 year old make these, I just helped with the oven. He was so proud of himself! I love these simple recipes that the kids think are so much fun and the end product is a tasty treat.
easy to make, but mine took more like 4 minutes, with checking every minute. I then pushed m&m's immediately as they start cooling.
Hershey kisses do not soften because they changed their chocolate ingredients. I used the Hershey creams and it worked much better. Also, if you are lucky, you can find butter pretzels that are in the shape of trees.
Loved this recipe. Wouldn't change a thing. It was a big hit over Christmas!
I made these using square pretzels for my friends' 80's party - it was the ideal combination of brightly-colored M&Ms and geometric shapes to be 80s-esque, and quick prep time. I should have taken a pic before I left my house, because they were gobbled up too quickly after I got to the party!
Yummy, exactly what I expected. A little of a pain in the butt. Oven time should've been a tad longer I think in my oven. Didn't set up in 30 minutes either, refrigerated them.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Serving Size: 1/20 of a recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 20
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat: 19
Enjoy the bright days of summer with easy recipes.
Low-fat, low-carb, paleo, vegan. Get recipes for your lifestyle.
Delicious recipes, party ideas, and helpful cooking tips! Get a year of Allrecipes magazine for just $7.99!
These addictive candies use just three ingredients. Bake and gobble.
See how to make a sweet fudge brownie with a salty, crunchy kick.
It's salty! It's sweet! Your family will love this dessert salad.