My first time cooking a turkey and first time cooking for the in laws and it was a big success! I combined it with another recipe and here is what I changed
- Mixed dried sage into butter (remove twigs)
- added one apple and half a lemon inside cavity
- put pieces of butter under the skin in addition to brushing the outside don't forget the thighs
- punctured 2 holes in bottom of turkey at boney part of the rib cage to let fluids out
- added water to bottom of try when it dried
- cooked fennel separately with butter and ouzo, baked sweet potatoes with salt and pepper, roasted and pealed chestnuts and served them with tray vegetables around turkey
- definitely add more vegetables to tray than recipe, they will melt with the heat
- let turkey rest for 20 before serving
Was this review helpful?
5 users found this review helpful
My first time cooking a turkey and first time cooking for the in laws and it was a big...