This recipe works well as is, but I make a bunch of modifications to suit my own tastes and needs. I like my cookies very fudgy and almost gooey; I want them to have more chocolate flavor but not lose the peanut butter and finally, I want them to pack a slightly healthier punch. So... if you don't want yours like that, you can move on to the next review, if you do, here's how I modify them.
1. decrease sugar by 1/3 cup.
2. decrease milk by a couple of tbs and use 2 pinches of sea salt.
3. increase peanut butter to a full cup.
4. use 9 tbsp of Hershey's Special Dark Cocoa instead of 3 of regular.
5. use real butter, it's healthier than margarine.
6. use old fashioned oats and add them right after the peanut butter, then add back in those 2 tbsp of milk to help soften them a bit (don't worry, it'll set because of the chocolate chips, keep reading.)
7. add 2 Tbsp Ground Golden Flax Seed with the oats.
8. add 1/3 c. of special dark chocolate chips.
9. after adding the peanut butter, oats, vanilla, flax seed, and chocolate chips, stir slowly over low heat until the chocolate chips are melted and then scoop out onto the wax paper.
For the nutritionally inclined chocoholic who wants a decadent dark chocolate treat that still has some redeeming qualities, these are SOOOOO yummy!
Was this review helpful?
3 users found this review helpful
This recipe works well as is, but I make a bunch of modifications to suit my own tastes and...