Recipe by Shae's Mama
"A refreshing Mexican rice drink that's easy to make. I don't know if this version is traditional but I did have something similar at a very authentic Mexican restaurant. Either way, it's still delicious!"
Hmm. None of these ingredients are on sale today.
Show ingredients on sale
Sort stores by
Save money at local stores when ingredients are on sale!
Watch video tips and tricks
uncooked white rice
4 1/2 cups
light coconut milk
All I had was Jasmine rice, which is a long grain.
1. Did a quick rinse of the rice, because I've read its best to rinse your imported rice due to the difference in handling procedures (i.e. use of talc to give rice a whiter look) at the foreign company vs US companies
2. Blended on High (my blender says Liquefy) for 1 minute
3. Used full coconut milk vs light, which some say light is just full diluted with water
4. I wasn't around to whisk occasionally, but let it sit unattended for the full 3hrs
5. Used coconut sugar, which is just as sweet but much lower glycemic index.
6. I didn't bother transferring rice from blender to a bowl, but later blender clean up would have been easier vs. dealing with the settled rice in the bottom of the blender
My wife normally can't stand horchata, but she wanted seconds of this one! Great recipe. Thanks!
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Linda's Coconut Horchata
Serving Size: 1/6 of a recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 6
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat: 23
Kale is the healthy, green leaf that transforms into a crunchy snack chip in your oven.
You can't go wrong choosing from over 400 pork chop recipes with ratings and tips!
Delicious recipes, party ideas, and cooking tips! Get a year of Allrecipes magazine for $7.99!
Coconut oil and butter launch freshly brewed coffee into the flavor stratosphere.
The refreshing Mexican drink flavored with cinnamon and vanilla.
Watch Chef John put a few tasty twists on classic rice pudding.