Lemony Cucumbers Recipe Reviews - Allrecipes.com (Pg. 2)
Reviewed: May 21, 2013
I really liked this with the exception of the celery seeds. That was my own fault as I knew putting them in that I might not like them in there. Mind you, I liked their flavor, just not the seeds themselves. Next time I will use celery salt and cut back on the other salt. I would say 75% of us liked this recipe. The other 25% aren't sour or bitter fans. I will make this again as written, with the exception of the seeds. Thank you.
Was this review helpful? [ YES ]
4 users found this review helpful

Reviewer:

Photo by Jay

Cooking Level: Intermediate

Home Town: Langdon, North Dakota, USA
Reviewed: May 18, 2013
Oh My Goodness!! Hand to goodness.... The best summer salad you must try! Please splurge on the celery seeds... You will make this over and over again!! My kids ate this ( yes they are picky).
Was this review helpful? [ YES ]
3 users found this review helpful

Reviewer:

Photo by Heather

Cooking Level: Intermediate

Home Town: Maple Shade, New Jersey, USA
Living In: Cherry Hill, New Jersey, USA
Photo by Paula
Reviewed: May 8, 2013
My favorite thing about this cucumber salad is that it doesn't call for oil or mayonnaise. A perfect, light, refreshing way to use up extra cukes.
Was this review helpful? [ YES ]
0 users found this review helpful

Reviewer:

Photo by Paula

Cooking Level: Expert

Home Town: Memphis, Tennessee, USA
Living In: Olive Branch, Mississippi, USA
Photo by Joey Joan
Reviewed: May 6, 2013
The favorite dish on the table tonight.
Was this review helpful? [ YES ]
1 user found this review helpful

Reviewer:

Photo by Joey Joan

Cooking Level: Expert

Home Town: Clarkston, Michigan, USA
Living In: Hainesport, New Jersey, USA
Photo by Lela
Reviewed: May 5, 2013
I love cucumbers and this recipe was delicious. I liked the combination of lemon and white wine vinegar with sweet onions. I cut the sugar down to 1/2 teaspoon, because I like the tartness of vinegar and lemon. Easy to make!
Was this review helpful? [ YES ]
1 user found this review helpful

Reviewer:

Photo by Lela

Cooking Level: Intermediate

Reviewed: Feb. 2, 2013
I really enjoyed this and my husband, who doesn't normally like cucumbers, thought this was pretty great. I did rice wine vinegar instead of white wine and it was still delicious!
Was this review helpful? [ YES ]
1 user found this review helpful

Reviewer:

My Profile | Cooks I Like
Reviews | Photos | Recipes | Menus | Blog

Reviewed: Oct. 19, 2012
Eh. OK, good but not wow. I hope someone tries it at the party tonight.
Was this review helpful? [ YES ]
2 users found this review helpful

My Profile | Cooks I Like
Reviews | Photos | Recipes | Menus | Blog

Reviewed: Nov. 10, 2011
This is my favorite recipe for cucumbers. I did cut back the celery seed to 1 1/2 tsps.
Was this review helpful? [ YES ]
3 users found this review helpful

Reviewer:

Cooking Level: Intermediate

My Profile | Cooks I Like
Reviews | Photos | Recipes | Menus | Blog

Reviewed: Aug. 6, 2011
I loved this recipe, it's was a nice fresh summer salad.
Was this review helpful? [ YES ]
4 users found this review helpful

Reviewer:

My Profile | Cooks I Like
Reviews | Photos | Recipes | Menus | Blog

Reviewed: Jul. 23, 2011
I adore cucumbers and love fixing them in many different ways, so this was a new one for me. The only thing I did different was use rice vinegar instead of plain vinegar and I did not add the lemon juice. Delicious!
Was this review helpful? [ YES ]
3 users found this review helpful

Reviewer:

My Profile | Cooks I Like
Reviews | Photos | Recipes | Menus | Blog


Displaying results 11-20 (of 59) reviews

 
ADVERTISEMENT
Subscribe Today!

In Season

Mealtime Money-Savers
Mealtime Money-Savers

Browse through over 500 recipes for delicious, budget-friendly meals.

Can What You Can't
Can What You Can't

The old saying goes, "Eat what you can, and can what you can't!" We have the know-how.

Subscribe Today! Only $7.99
Subscribe Today! Only $7.99

Delicious recipes, party ideas, and cooking tips! Get a year of Allrecipes magazine for $7.99!

Related Videos

Crispy Cucumbers and Tomatoes in Dill Dressing

Watch how to make this simple, tasty salad.

Thai Cucumber Salad

Learn how to make this delicate cucumber salad, full of Thai flavors.

Lemon-Basil Quinoa Salad

See just how quick it is to whip up a healthy salad.

Recently Viewed Recipes

You haven't looked at any recipes lately. Get clicking!
Quick Links: Recipe Box | Shopping List | More »
 
Argentina  |  Australia & New Zealand  |  Brazil  |  Canada  |  China  |  France  |  Germany  |  India  |  Italy  |  Japan  |  Korea  |  Mexico

Netherlands  |  Poland  |  Quebec  |  Russia  |  SE Asia  |  United Kingdom & Ireland  |  United States