We loved this! Meatloaf is always a hit with my family, and this is a nice change from the regular stuff. The curry adds interesting flavor, and the raisins are a great compliment to it. I made a few modifications:
- I used half turkey and half beef, just because it's what I had on hand.
- I used Worcestershire sauce instead of hot sauce because I love Worcestershire, and kids + hot sauce = no.
- I added extra ketchup and Worcestershire because I felt it needed more moisture (maybe an extra tablespoon or so of each). I also added a second egg.
- I used steel cut oats instead of rolled because that's what I had. It turned out perfect! The steel cut oats added nice nuttiness and texture. Because of my schedule, I needed to let the prepped meatloaf sit in the fridge for a few hours before cooking - maybe that allowed the steel cut oats extra time to absorb moisture?
- I used celery instead of green pepper because that's what I had.
- I added a few tablespoons of capers per suggestion of another reviewer - loved the saltiness with the raisins.
- I felt the recipe needed more salt. When I make this again, I'll add a teaspoon or so of salt and about a quarter or half teaspoon of pepper.
Was this review helpful?
0 users found this review helpful
We loved this! Meatloaf is always a hit with my family, and this is a nice change from the...