I made this for a special dinner that I was delivering to some friends, and it was great. I definitely used some of the tips that were given in the reviews:
1. Sear the pork slices (but don't cook completely) in olive oil before starting the sauce, then remove the pork and set it aside. Reduce the remaining juice back to just the oil If you don't remove the pork and reduce the juices, you'll have the problem some people mentioned--the sauce doesn't thicken because the pork releases too much juice.
2. Add fresh basil, oregano and sliced mushrooms to the mix, as well as garlic.
3. Saute the onions and mushroom about 5-10 minutes before adding the rest of the herbs. tomato & prosciuitto.
4. Add about 1/2 tbsp of flour or cornstach to help thicken the sauce.
5. When you add the pork back in so that it can finish cooking, don't add the juice that has seeped out while it was sitting.
This is really a fast, easy and delious dish. The tips make it sound complicated, but it's not at all. Enjoy!
Was this review helpful?
2 users found this review helpful
I made this for a special dinner that I was delivering to some friends, and it was great. I...