Recipe by Zarina Mohammad
"It is a South Indian dessert. Very rich and delicious. Best after any spicy meal. Prepared on special occasions, it has always been favorite dessert in my family. Serve warm or chilled."
Hmm. None of these ingredients are on sale today.
Show ingredients on sale
Sort stores by
Save money at local stores when ingredients are on sale!
Watch video tips and tricks
bread, crusts removed and bread cut into triangles diagonally
vegetable oil for frying, or as needed
1 1/2 cups
1. Use thick several-day old bread (think Texas toast), otherwise it just falls apart from the two dips
2. Need to turn bread over in the oven and continue until dry
3. Don't cut or trim the bread before frying for two reasons: the bread fries very fast so turning over triangles result in several burnt pieces (stainless steel set on low). Second,it is much easier to trim after frying.
4. Very hard to estimate how much milk to use since it all depends on bread's thickness and density, so play by ear/taste.
5. I used almond milk to satisfy some in our group and it was fine
6. Needs to cool until thickened so overnight should work
7. Probably would not make again - lots of work and cleanup and my Kheer and Kulfi (available in AR) are very easy and make-able the day ahead
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Indian Bread Pudding (Double Ka Meeta)
Serving Size: 1/8 of a recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 8
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat: 83
Muffins are great for breakfast, with coffee, or just as a snack on the go.
Soup is what the doctor ordered to cure those winter blahs.
Delicious recipes, party ideas, and cooking tips! Get a year of Allrecipes magazine for $7.99!
Make this 5-star bread pudding for dessert or breakfast.
A sensational, old family recipe for rich and delicious bread pudding.
Discover the simple secret to surprisingly easy pumpkin bread pudding.