Fantastic recipe. I was pleasantly surprised by the depth of flavour in this soup. It tasted hearty and rich, even with some low sodium, low fat options swapped in. I followed this -almost- to a "T". The ingredients were essentially the same, but I swapped in the following due to my own dietary restrictions:
* soy sauce replaced with low sodium soy sauce
* chicken broth of choice was an organic, low sodium broth (Imagine Organics)
* milk choice was skim milk
* all-purpose white flour was traded out for whole wheat flour
* I only used a pinch of salt, during the mushroom sauteing process to help them release some of their liquid
* I used 2 Tbsp of dried parsley as I had no fresh parsley around
* and finally, I used fat free sour cream
After all that, the nutritional values for 1 cup of soup worked out to about:
183 calories, 19g carbs, 11g fat, 5g protein, 343mg sodium, 6g sugars
(Values figured out via MyFitnessPal.com)
The only thing I found 'off' with it is that this recipe says it makes 6 servings, but to me, a serving is a cup of soup, so I actually only got 5 cups out of it.
All told, I LOVE this recipe and will be adding it to my regular repertoire. The dill was stronger than expected, but very pleasant. I served 1 cup of the soup over 1/4 cup of cooked whole wheat no yolk egg noodles to round out the meal. Next time, I might also pair it with a side salad to fill out the meal a bit more completely. Thanks to the original poster for it!
Was this review helpful?
1 user found this review helpful
Fantastic recipe. I was pleasantly surprised by the depth of flavour in this soup. It tasted...