Great recipe! Its fast and easy, and I like making it for potlucks or guests, or just the family. It also doubles and triples well. These are my changes:
1. Instead of adding salt, I brine my chicken in salt water a couple hours ahead of time (this helps the chicken retain some of its juices better).
2. I use some of the butter and brown the chicken on the stove first (takes 10-20 minutes of cook time, but reduces the bake time and makes for more tender chicken)
3. I bake the chicken for 40-50 minutes, covering part time, and uncovering for the last 20 minutes.
4. I mix up the sauce in the fry pan after I remove the chicken pieces, then pour it over the chicken pieces in the baking pan.
5. I use 3 pounds of drumsticks in place of chicken pieces.
Was this review helpful?
1 user found this review helpful
Great recipe! Its fast and easy, and I like making it for potlucks or guests, or just the...