It tasted and looked like a winner. My boyfriend loved it too. I will certainly make it again. He said it was one the most amazing things he has ever tasted! I couldn't get enough of the leftovers. Not soggy at all! Here are the adjustments I made:
-Brushed the pie bottom with egg whites , sprinkled Italian bread crumbs into the bottom of the crust, then covered the crust with sliced mozzarella cheese
-Baked pastry shell for 10 mins
-Sautéd onions, bell peppers and garlic in olive oil
-Sliced my organic Romano (3 large), cherry and grape tomatoes, added salt & pepper then sprinkled flour on top of them. I then placed them on paper towels for 45 mins.
- I didn't use mayo but included goat cheese with my mozzarella combination. I forgot to use my cream cheese but I meant to include it. I added Italian seasoning to my cheese mixture.
- I put a middle layer of browned spicy Italian sausage
- When assembling the pie I first added the layer of onions and bell peppers, then cheese, followed by the sausage, and finally the cheese again
- Garnished with fresh mint then baked for 30 mins at 375
- I'll try to add a photo of it later.. In the meanwhile, I'll go eat more of the leftovers.
Was this review helpful?
4 users found this review helpful
It tasted and looked like a winner. My boyfriend loved it too. I will certainly make it again....