I haven't made this yet, but am planning on making it tonight for a dessert that my family will enjoy. My tips to other people who are attempting this recipe are:
1. A pie really can't have too much cinnamon, so you can add a little more then the recommended amount.
2. Using a butter substitute probably will make your dessert not as good, so forget the diet for a while! :)
3. You can really taste a difference when you use a homede crust. (Try Basic Flakey Pie Crust.)
4. Drizzle with a little vanilla glaze mixed with cinnamon for best results. (Found that out in past experience with pear pies- same goes for apple pies.)
5. Be sure to check the pie before the estimated "Cook Time is up so it won't burn. I hope I could help!
Was this review helpful?
21 users found this review helpful
I haven't made this yet, but am planning on making it tonight for a dessert that my family...