This cheesecake is FANTASTIC. I used helpful suggestions from the other reviewers to make modifications, and here's my advice:
1. I scaled the recipe down to 11 servings so it used 2 pkgs of cream cheese. I used one pkg of full-fat cream cheese and one pkg of light, and it still tasted wonderfully rich.
3. I added about 3/4 to 1 tsp of cinnamon and 1/2 tsp of nutmeg to the batter, subbed 3/4 tbsp of vanilla extract for the rum (I didn't have any rum on hand), and used 1 cup eggnog.
4. MAKE THIS CHEESECAKE THE DAY BEFORE YOU NEED IT (I can't stress that enough; this recipe improves with time, and the flavor is much better the second day).
5. If you're using a store-bought graham cracker crust, there will be more batter than you need to fill the crust, so look up a "crustless cheesecake" recipe and use those directions for baking the excess batter.
6. Use a water bath (I just filled a cake pan with water and put it on the bottom rack of the oven, below the middle rack where the cheesecake was).
7. When it's finished cooking, turn off the heat, open the oven door a bit, and let it cool in there for a couple hours before refrigerating.
This recipe is fantastic - it's definitely going to be an Xmas staple from now on!
Was this review helpful?
200 users found this review helpful
This cheesecake is FANTASTIC. I used helpful suggestions from the other reviewers to make...