Recipe by Bill Sinclair
"This is a delicious cheesecake for eggnog lovers. The secret to a smooth cheesecake is to cream the cream cheese in a food processor for several minutes."
Hmm. None of these ingredients are on sale today.
Show ingredients on sale
Sort stores by
Save money at local stores when ingredients are on sale!
Watch video tips and tricks
graham cracker crumbs
3 (8 ounce) packages
cream cheese, softened
This cheesecake turned out great! The changes I made was to add one cup of eggnog & an extra tablespoon of rum. I also added 1/4 tsp. cinnamon and nutmeg to the crust. I wrapped the bottom of the springform pan with foil and baked it in a water-filled cookie pan. I baked it for the time specified and it came out perfect with no cracks. I followed what someone else said and I beat 1 cup whipping cream with 3 T powdered sugar and then I added 1 tsp. rum extract & 1 tsp. cinnamon. It really added to the eggnog flavor. Also, I microwaved the cream cheese and eggnog just until it was at room temp. and I mixed everything with my kitchenaid stand mixer and this worked very well. I'll definitely be making this every year for the holidays!
I was really excited to try and make this, and read all the reviews/suggestions before I made it. Next time I will bake it a little longer and I won’t use rum extract, but vanilla extract and cinnamon.
This cheesecake is FANTASTIC. I used helpful suggestions from the other reviewers to make modifications, and here's my advice:
1. I scaled the recipe down to 11 servings so it used 2 pkgs of cream cheese. I used one pkg of full-fat cream cheese and one pkg of light, and it still tasted wonderfully rich.
3. I added about 3/4 to 1 tsp of cinnamon and 1/2 tsp of nutmeg to the batter, subbed 3/4 tbsp of vanilla extract for the rum (I didn't have any rum on hand), and used 1 cup eggnog.
4. MAKE THIS CHEESECAKE THE DAY BEFORE YOU NEED IT (I can't stress that enough; this recipe improves with time, and the flavor is much better the second day).
5. If you're using a store-bought graham cracker crust, there will be more batter than you need to fill the crust, so look up a "crustless cheesecake" recipe and use those directions for baking the excess batter.
6. Use a water bath (I just filled a cake pan with water and put it on the bottom rack of the oven, below the middle rack where the cheesecake was).
7. When it's finished cooking, turn off the heat, open the oven door a bit, and let it cool in there for a couple hours before refrigerating.
This recipe is fantastic - it's definitely going to be an Xmas staple from now on!
Excellent cheesecake! A great way to use leftover eggnog. I didn't have any rum, so I used vanilla extract instead - it still tasted as if alcohol had been added to it (DELICIOUS!). Since I didn't have a food processor big enough to fit the entire recipe, I used an electric beater. I made sure to beat the cream cheese mixture until very fluffy. It was so fluffy that I thought it would colapse after removing from the oven. To my surprise, it didn't. And, to give it a delicate flavor, I used crushed lady fingers in place of graham crakers. The final result was of a very light and creamy filling over a delicious crust. Perfect for making mini-sized cheesecakes (the kind that you can eat in 2 to 3 bites); a great addition to the finger-food menu of an elegant party.
This may be the best cheesecake I've ever made. I brought this to our work holiday party and EVERYONE raved about it. Not too sweet, great eggnog flavor. I did a gingersnap crust instead of graham cracker and that complemented the nutmeg and eggnog beautifully and substituted vanilla extract for the rum. It was very easy to make and the biggest hit I've had at a potluck since I made chocolate bread pudding 4 years ago. Definitely a keeper for holiday desserts.
This is the most delicious cheesecake I've ever had. I've made dozens of them, and people have started hiring me to bake them for their Christmas parties this year. It always comes out perfectly, and is always a hit. I use my KitchenAid mixer and let it mix for a good, long while until everything is smooth and creamy. This recipe is to die for!
Very good. I substituted a little rum extract for the rum.
This cheesecake had a great consistancy - not too heavy yet satisfying in the way only cheesecake can be. I used the Pecan Caramel sauce from Eggnog Cheesecake I at this site - it has dark rum in it and was perfect. I also added some spices ( 1/4 tsp each of ginger, nutmeg and cinnamon) to the crust. I don't have a food processor, I just mixed the heck out of it with my stand mixer.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Eggnog Cheesecake III
Serving Size: 1/16 of a recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 16
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat: 170
Get quick & easy recipes for your busiest days.
All the game-day eats you need to crush the tailgate competition.
Delicious recipes, party ideas, and helpful cooking tips! Get a year of Allrecipes magazine for just $7.99!
Decadent cookies that taste like eggnog are perfect for the holidays.
Chocolate cheesecake gets a delicious Irish makeover.
Show-stopping cheesecake stars cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies.