For those of you who have never made Lasagna...read this. My Wife and Mother-in Law are both Italian. Annually, my Mother-in-Law makes Lasagna from scratch...noodles, sauce from tomatoes, grates her own cheese...you get the idea typically spending hours the day before Christmas Eve. This year, my wife and her mom had a disagreement and it looked like we were not going to have Lasagna. (My three boys look forward to Lasagna on Christmas Eve.) Due to the confusion, and to make peace, I said, "fine...I'll make the Lasagna." to which my middle son said, "Dad, you burn water." and my "Mother-in-Law" laughed at me. Determined, I looked for an easy recipe. I tried this one! It turned out GREAT! and I was complimented and told I would be expected to make it again.
I made the following changes:
1) Instead of Cottage Cheese, I used Ricotta.
2) I used 1/2 Pork and 1/2 Beef and seasoned.
3) I used homemade sauce...What can I say..I already said that my wife and mother in law are Italian. There is always ususally some sauce around....(Relatively thick compared to store brands.)
4) I used no boil noodles...worked great.
5) We like a "Dry top"...therefore, I did not add as much water around the edges.
I cooked per the directions. It was just about as good as my Mother-in - Laws in much less time.
Was this review helpful?
9 users found this review helpful
For those of you who have never made Lasagna...read this. My Wife and Mother-in Law are both...