Recipe by DAWNROBYN
"This is an easy, delicious quiche that will take no time to prepare and your friends will ask for the recipe! I have made this for numerous office gatherings and everyone raves about it!"
Hmm. None of these ingredients are on sale today.
Show ingredients on sale
Sort stores by
Save money at local stores when ingredients are on sale!
Watch video tips and tricks
1 (3 ounce) can
shredded Swiss cheese
grated Parmesan cheese
1 (9 inch)
deep dish frozen pie crust
eggs, lightly beaten
I came to this site expecting to try several quiche recipes, but started with this one and haven’t strayed since…THANKS DAWNROBYN. This is remarkably easy and tasty and I have been able to make it work in many variations…so here goes:
1. Yes, the Hormel/Oscar Meyer Real Bacon is perfect for this.
2. Swiss is good for the first time, but don’t be afraid to try gouda, cheddar, or any hard cheese you like (add 5-10 min cooking with cheddar).
3. Don’t leave out the (approx 1/3rd Cup) parmesan/romano cheese even if you’ve changed the swiss, it helps add to the creamy texture of the final product.
4. Adjust onions to taste; oldest daughter wants none, I want more. Scallions give it a very rich onion flavor and the frozen chopped save time, but fresh Vidalia is best.
5. I’ve also discovered frozen chopped red/green peppers, these needed to be chopped a bit more finely.
6. I have found that adding frozen ingredients adds to the cooking time (“duh”).
7. Add ½ tsp of salt & pepper to taste to the eggs and cream.
8. For vegetarian, I’ve used approx 3 oz of spinach (cooked in 1T water and drained) OR approx 3 oz of frozen broccoli florets instead of bacon.
9. For just a few cents more, I’ve found the Marie Callendar’s frozen pie crusts to be the best for this.
10. Right now I am making one with 2 oz frozen broccoli florets AND 2 oz bacon with cheddar cheese & frozen chopped onion. I let the pie crust, onion, and broccoli sit out of the freezer for 1 hour first…Pefrect!
In step 2 of the directions, is the pie crust thawed or frozen?
Hint: use the Sargento Parmesan/Romano shredded cheese, NOT grated parmesan cheese. You can really use any kind of cheese you prefer. Also, use the 2.8 oz. bag of Oscar Mayer bacon PIECES (available near bacon bits- but DON'T USE BACON BITS). Finally, to make it easier, Ore Ida makes frozen chopped onion (makes everything go quicker to not have to chop onions). Truth be told, you can use any cheese or other ingredients that you like in your quiche. It is very versatile! Hope this makes it easier and tastier!!
I omitted the cream, and used a 8oz pkg of cream cheese. I also used cheddar instead of the 2 cheeses called for. Instead of making 1 big tart, I made a mini ones to serve at an appie party. everyone LOVED them. Thanx a lot. :)
This was a very very easy quiche to make, I was a virgin quiche baker (lol) and it came out FAB!!! I will definitely add this to my rotation of recipes. I added sauteed fresh mushrooms and green peppers. I used minced onions that I rehydrated since I didn't have an onion on hand and I used an Italian cheese blend. I followed all the other posts suggestions as well. I would like to note, though: place foil around the edges of your quiche when you bake it so the crusts don't overbake!!! Make this...it is simple and yummy!!! :)Thanks to the originator!
This quiche is so quick and yummy! I usually just make it with a bag of shredded Italian cheese and leave out the onions because my kids don't like them. I also use the Oscar Meyer bacon pieces instead of bacon bits, or I use real bacon. And to keep the crust from getting too dark I wrap it with a bit of tinfoil. Thanks!
This recipe is simply and easy. I like to saute the onions first and add a 1/2 tsp of fresh grated nutmeg. I also use 8 strips of crispy bacon instead of bacon bits.
I just loved this quiche. Hadn't made one in years and decided to try again at hubby's prompting. Although I like swiss, it seems like it's often too strong in quiche, so I followed the recipe except used sharp cheddar in place of the swiss. Also I cooked the onion in EVOO (crisp/tender) first. I used an unroll and bake crust, layered in the cooked onion, cheeses (real shredded parmesan) and bacon pieces before pouring on the eggs as directed. Baked up perfectly, and was so tasty I couldn't stop eating it. I plan to add other ingred's in the future - maybe some cooked mushrooms or sundried tomatoes! And it was soooo easy and quick. This will definately be one of my regulars from now on!
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Easy Bacon and Cheese Quiche
Serving Size: 1/6 of a recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 6
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat: 284
Browse through over 500 recipes for delicious, budget-friendly meals.
The old saying goes, "Eat what you can, and can what you can't!" We have the know-how.
Delicious recipes, party ideas, and cooking tips! Get a year of Allrecipes magazine for $7.99!
See how to make a simple and delicious homemade quiche.
Get a head start on busy weeknight Mac & Cheese!
A delicious, quick-and-easy quiche with broccoli, ham, and cheese.