Recipe by Carol
"This is a great cake recipe you can make in a special lamb-shaped mold for a terrific and eye-catching Easter-dinner dessert."
Hmm. None of these ingredients are on sale today.
Show ingredients on sale
Sort stores by
Save money at local stores when ingredients are on sale!
Watch video tips and tricks
3 1/2 cups
2 1/2 teaspoons
Tasted great! We will definitely use this recipe again next Easter. A few comments -
* After creaming the butter & sugar, I had trouble mixing in the water. Maybe it should have been room temp water? Maybe I should have added it more gradually?
* The dough is very stiff. "Folding" in the beaten egg whites was an amusing activity.
* I had extra batter. Which was OK, since I baked that in a separate little pan & we got to sample that before Easter Dinner :-)
* I baked it for 45 minutes & even tho the toothpick came out clean, it was still raw in the center. Next year we'll go for 60 minutes.
* To the JOSMITH - think of this as a pound cake. You need such a dense cake to show the details of the lamb from the mold.
The outside of the cake has the same consistency of waffles due to the egg whites. It is a very heavy cake. If the kids want to help ice it this would be the cake they wouldn't tear up. However, it's not the one I would use for a wedding cake or an easter cake.
add coconut to the white icing and set on a bed of green colored coconut . Add a few jelly beans on the "grass"...
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Easter Lamb Cake I
Serving Size: 1/20 of a recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 20
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat: 85
We have over 150 different ways to take chicken from everyday to gourmet.
All the tenderest leaves, baby vegetables, and early fruits are ready for the picking.
Great recipes and cooking tips! For a limited time, get a year of Allrecipes Magazine for $5.99.
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this nutritious idea.
See how to make a wonderful white cake from scratch.
See how to make a simple white cake that’s perfect for layer cakes and cupcakes.