This recipe is great. I was a little nervous since I don't have a bread machine, but I've learned you can make it without. Here's what I did.
1. Stir yeast in with warm milk and water.
2. I large bowl mix dry ingredients
3. Stir in yeast mixture add egg and butter.
4. Knead, adding a little flour at a time until the dough is smooth and not sticky. (I also kneaded in raisins at this point)
5. Let rise in warm place (covered with damp cloth)
6. When doubled, punch down, and let it rise again. When doubled again, I followed the rest of the recipe instructions.
I'm not an experienced bread maker, but it turn out fabulously. I will make it again!
Was this review helpful?
114 users found this review helpful
This recipe is great. I was a little nervous since I don't have a bread machine, but I've...