From all the reviews, I thought this cake would come out with a very intense chocolate flavor, but I was disappointed. The chocolate taste was very mild. The batter was delicious; I could have sat down with a spoon and a glass of milk and just eaten a bowl of it. And I should have. Although I followed the recipe exactly, and used a 10 inch bundt pan, the batter overflowed the pan during the baking process. Luckily I had set the pan on a baking sheet, so I didn't have to clean my oven. My husband asked me why I keep trying new recipes when my old standards are so much better. I have rated this 2 stars because of the overflow problem, but regardless of the lack of chocolate flavor, it is, after all, cake, and certainly edible. It won't go to waste, but I won't make it again.
Was this review helpful?
57 users found this review helpful
From all the reviews, I thought this cake would come out with a very intense chocolate flavor,...