I've made this twice now, the last time was last month for a large family gathering. Everyone commented on how great it was and wanted the recipe. My husband and I both agree it was the best chili we've ever had. We froze a bunch of it and have been using it over nachos, and added to velveeta cheese dip for holiday gatherings. YUM! I made the following adjustments:
- For the spicy sausage, I used one pound of hot and one of mild
- Added one additional 12 oz can of diced tomatoes with jalapeno peppers
- Added a dash of cayenne pepper
- Used brown sugar bbq sauce instead of hickory smoked
- Used three cans of kidney beans instead of four, was plenty!
Was this review helpful?
34 users found this review helpful
I've made this twice now, the last time was last month for a large family gathering. Everyone...