Considering there are only two of us, this really made a lot - great dish for a pot luck! I liked it a lot, but I did make a few changes. Most notably, I did not add any sugar!! And I added onion (shallot). These are my suggestions:
1) I used a small 8 oz can of pinapple chunks and cut them in 1/2. A full 20 oz can would be toooooo much!
2) I used 1/2 can of mandarin oranges - a full can would be OK - but be sure to add them right at the end. Mine were pretty much disintegrated by all the mixing (they're much too delicate to put in early).
3) eliminate the sugar all together!
4) I added a shallot (green onion or minced purple onion would be OK too)
5) I made the full recipe and used the 3/4 cup mayo, but next time I'll reduce the mayo a little. Hubby would have preferred Miracle Whip (I don't care for it so I stuck with the mayo).
I've shared this recipe with my sisters. This is a light, healthy dinner and since I had left over grilled chicken, it was pretty quick to put together. Thank you!!
Was this review helpful?
4 users found this review helpful
Considering there are only two of us, this really made a lot - great dish for a pot luck! I...