1.My 1st cheesecake EVER. I knew nothing! Cracks? Water baths? Huh? I was certain I would ruin this and not know why.
2. EASY PREP. I used a mixer for cream cheese and sugar only, wooden spoon for the rest, as suggested by someone else. (Ok so far, plenty of time to mess it up)
3. I added almond extract (I like it)
4. Used a hot water bath because I saw it in other recipes and got confused...I think this is ok
5. After an hour, oven off, I peeked and saw that cc was caramel colored and sunken in the middle. (was that ok? Who knows... optimism dropping)
6. 30 min later worried about water bath, Googled, found out that not using foil around the pan, like me, in the bath, makes crust soggy. :/ whoops -- not very optimistic
7. Immediately pulled it out of the oven, out of the water, then back in the oven. (was that bad? Maybe. Probably ruined)
8. Left it in oven overnight. 7ish hrs. (was that too long? Definitely ruined)
9. In the morning CC was flat, pulled away from sides of pan and"crackless" (apparently all good things--maybe its ok)
10. Didn't know when to take it out of the pan, waited till last minute (did I mess up the crust? The easiest part?) carefully used icing spatula to get it off the bottom of pan. NP.
11. Crust edges a little soggy, but dried up after an hour. (not bad)
12. Best cheesecake my family had ever eaten! (shucks :) ) creamy on the inside, not too sweet, delicious alone or with the blueberry glaze prepared by my daughter! I am so exited.
Was this review helpful?
3 users found this review helpful
1.My 1st cheesecake EVER. I knew nothing! Cracks? Water baths? Huh? I was certain I...