I agree with Sonia S.'s review: adding spices makes this unbelievably yummy. What I did differently was
(1) I rubbed the stainless steel pot I was using with a stick of butter and cooked 1/2 of a diced onion until it was just browning and
(2) added a little more butter (maybe 1 tbsp) when I put in the diced fennel. I cooked this for a little bit and then
(3)added the carrots I had painstakingly grated (Grating added at least 6 min to the prep time for me)with no more than 1 tbsp of butter, making sure the pot was coated. After adding these three components I added
(4) 1/2 tsp turmeric, 1/2 tsp ground cumin, 1/2 tsp garam masala, and then I added the 1/3 cup of cream
(5) I didn't use the spices listed in this recipe, so I can't comment on their contributions to flavor.
After stirring in the cream, I put a dollop onto a piece of plain bread (I didn't have any rice handy, which it would have been peRFEct with)-- it was pretty good except it was missing salt.
(6) So, I added a light sprinkle--- no more than 1/8 tsp of salt which did the trick for me--- to the entire mixture-- and it became even yummier! I definitely recommend adding the spices and eating this with rice-- this is a wonderful recipe because of its simplicity and the ability to improvise with it, and still have it come out well.
Was this review helpful?
2 users found this review helpful
I agree with Sonia S.'s review: adding spices makes this unbelievably yummy. What I did...