Easy to make and it does have a different taste to it. But the people who tried it liked it. And it is something to use all that fall squash on.
I never tried the original recipe - and of course rarely can I leave a recipe alone. But......
- put in in a 9x15 pan
- double the crisp recipe and add 1/2 a cup of crushed pecan
- in the filling recipe use 1 lb squash, 5 granny smith apples (cut small small small), 1/2 cup of white sugar (no brown), add 5 pieces of soft carmel candy, a dash a vanilla, and the original recipe's salt, cinnamon,&lemon
- cook filling covered for 20 and then mix it
- add the crisp on top and pat it down
- cook covered for 35 min and uncovered for 15
- let cool and the crisp will harden
Was this review helpful?
5 users found this review helpful
Easy to make and it does have a different taste to it. But the people who tried it liked it. ...