I made this cake for my son's birthday. It did take a few hours to put together but everyone loved it!
The cake looked beautiful. Here are my thoughts after making it:
1. Start cooking the cherries first. They will take a good 30-40 minutes to thicken and then you need to cool them. I did this in the fridge for another 30 minutes.
2. Bottom of the cake was a bit overcooked. I baked the cakes for 36 minutes. Next time, I will pull them out 32 minutes.
3. Whipped topping was not quite sweet enough for my taste. Next time, I will add just a tad bit more confectioners sugar.
4. I liked the crumbled cake on the sides of the cake. But, next time, I will use shaved chocolate with a vegetable peeler.
5. Do put your cake together several hours before you need to serve it and refrigerate it. I finished with mine around 11am and served it at 7:30pm.
Was this review helpful?
2 users found this review helpful
I made this cake for my son's birthday. It did take a few hours to put together but everyone...