Ingredients40 m servings
- In a large bowl, cut butter into flour until crumbly. Stir in sour cream and lemon peel until well blended. Place on a piece of waxed paper; shape into a 4-1/2-in. square. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Cut dough into four 2-1/4-in. squares. Place one square on a piece of waxed paper sprinkled with 2 tablespoons sugar. Cover with another piece of waxed paper. Keep remaining squares refrigerated. Roll out dough into a 12-in. x 5-in. rectangle, turning often to coat with the sugar.
- Lightly mark center of 12-in. side. Starting with a short side, roll up jelly-roll style to the center mark, peeling paper away while rolling. Repeat rolling from other short side, so the two rolls meet in the center and resemble a scroll.
- Wrap well in plastic wrap and refrigerate. Repeat with remaining squares, using 2 tablespoons sugar for each. chill for 1 hour.
- Unwrap dough and cut into 1/2-in. slices; dip each side in remaining sugar. Place 2 in. apart on foil-lined baking sheets. Bake at 375 degrees F for 14 minutes or until golden brown. Turn cookies over; bake 5 minutes longer. Remove to wire racks to cool.
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
These are cute, tastey, and almost fun to make. They are more like a pastry than a cookie and so good. The Prep time is no where 20 minutes. Considering it takes 3 hours of chilling time it is m...
They taste good, but way to much work. Plus, they easily fall apart when you flip them over.
I am a fairly experienced baker, but these did not turn out great for me. The butter oozed out during baking a bit too much for my liking. They were tasty but not fabulous. They are cute, though...