1. Preheat oven to 300 F. Sift together flour and salt into a medium bowl. Beat butter with a mixer on medium-high speed until fluffy, 3-5 minutes. Add sugar greadually, beating between additions. Continue to beat until very pale, about 2 min total. Reduce speed to low, add flour mixture, beat until just combined.
Chocolate Chunk Shortbread:
1. Mix in 4 ox chocolate after beating in the flour mixture. Press dough evenly into a parchment lined 9x13 in pan. Refrigerate until firm, about 20 min. Cut dough into eighths lengthwise, then quarters crosswise, making 32 rectangles. Evenly pierce all over with a skewer.
2. Bake until shortbread is firm in center and golden brown, 50 minutes to an hour. Transfer pan to a wire rack; immediately recut rectangles with a paring knife. Let shortbread cool completely in pan.
3. Melt 5 oz chocolate. Dip bars into chocolate, place onto parchment lined baking sheet, and refrigerate until chocolate is set.
1. Combine fruit with alcohol and soak 2-8 hours; drain.
2. Add lemon zest to the butter with sugar. Add fruit after mixing in the flour. Form dough into a 10 1/2 in log, then into a triangle with 2 1/2 in sides. Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour, cut into 23, 1/2 in slices.
3. Bake until firm and golden on edges, about 35 min.
1. Replace powdered sugar with brown sugar. Add the coconut and pecans after mixing in the flour. Press dough into a 10 in springform pan, refrigerate 20 min. Cut dough into 8 wedges, evenly pierce all over with a skewer.
2. Bake until shortbread is firm in center and edges are golden brown, about 1 hr 10 min. Transfer to wire rack, immediately recut wedges with a paring knife. Let cool completely in the pan.