3. Pour water into baking dish trying not to pour over the chicken. (that will cause the seasoning to run off the chicken)
4. Cover the chicken with aluminum foil and puncture the foil in multiple places with a fork or knife to allow for steam to escape
5. Bake chicken in the oven for 45 minutes
6. While chicken is baking, over medium heat, heat and mix olive oil and diced garlic in a large deep pan on the stove until garlic is lightly browned. Continue mixing and add spinach. Continue mixing and once spinach is completely wet, add diced onions. Continue mixing until onions are translucent.
7. Add both jars of Sofrito and both cans of stewed tomatoes. Bring mixture to a boil. Boil for 1 minute them simmer for 10 minutes. If chicken is not yet done after the 10 minutes of simmering turn the pot off.
8. After cooking chicken for 45 minutes, drain the chicken juice out of the baking dish. Pour sofrito mixture over the chicken and continue baking uncovered for another hour. Remove from oven, cool, then dig in.