"A delicious, addictive caramel chocolate crunch that makes a great gift for the holidays. Make individual bags for relatives who live together, or they might argue over who ate it. it's been known to happen!"
You will need: a heavy bottom metal pot, a candy thermometer, a metal cake frosting spatula, cookie sheets.
1. If you need to roast the almonds, do so in a 375 degree oven, for 8-9 minutes, shaking the pan and flipping the almonds at least twice.
2. Put 2 tbs. of the almonds into a coffee grinder or blender, and blend into a fine dust. Set aside.
3. Cut or crush the blanched and roasted almonds into 2-3 pieces each. Set them in a cookie sheet to form an even layer.
3. Put the brown sugar and butter into the thick-bottomed metal pan. Heat over medium-high heat, constantly (I mean that) and boil this mix until it reaches 305 degrees F or 150 Celsius. You can use a wooden spoon to stir or, if your candy thermometer is large enough, stir with that.
4. Quickly pour the caramel over the almonds, and use the metal frosting spatula to spread it evenly over the nuts.
5. Sprinkle the chocolate chip cookies evenly over the caramel. wait 3 minutes, then use the metal spatula again to spread it over the caramel. Do this slowly or the almond mix will start rising from the sheet. Take your time.
6. Sprinkle with the almond powder, and let it cool off completely. Crack and set into tins or bags. Enjoy :)