1. In a small bowl, mix ginger, salt, & pepper. Then sprinkle the chops with this mixture & press into the chops, both sides.
2. Fry the pork chops in the butter, over a high heat, until evenly brown. (You're not going to cook them on top of the stove; just evenly brown them. Just a couple of minutes on each side.) Don't discard the pan drippings.
3. Place the pork chops in a pan and top with the chopped onions.
4. To the pan drippings add: tomato paste and wine. Simmer for a minute or two (low boil) and scrape the bottom of the frying pan to get the drippings into the gravy.
5. FEEL FREE TO DOUBLE THE TOMATO PASTE AND COOKING WINE TO MAKE EXTRA GRAVY.
6. Cover pan with aluminum foil and bake in a 325 degree oven for 45 minutes.