1. Peel and Core a nice size Vidalia or Texas Sweet Onion, rinse and dry.
2. Fill core with butter or margarine and insert a beef boullion cube under the butter.
3. Add 1-3 tbsp butter in a casserole dish with the desired number of onions. ( one onion per serving).
4. Add about 1/4 -1/3 cup water to dish.
5. Can microwave for quick cooking on the hard veggie setting or high for 4-5 minutes. I usually finish mine in a 350 degree oven for 15-20 minutes to make sure it's tender and falling apart. Or just bake in 350 degree oven about 40 minutes or until very tender and falling apart.
6. Can add a slice of Swiss cheese to each onion and melt over onion. Serve in a small bowl with extra au jus,