- Place Roast in earthenware bowl with onions and seasonings. Pour mix of vinegar and ½ cup water (heated to boiling). Marinate 3 days or more. Turn meat twice daily with spoons – do not pierce meat with a fork.
- Drain meat and brown thoroughly on all sides
- Add marinade, cover pan and simmer slowly 3-4 hours or until tender (mom uses a pressure cooker)
- Serve with Ginger Snap Gravy
- Pour off excess fat off marinade
- Add 2 tsp sugar and 8 crumbled ginger snaps and cook for 10 minutes longer (without meat in gravy)
- You can thicken gravy with a flour-water paste of 1 tsp flour per cup of liquid (My mom does not do this)