1. Melt the butter in microwave. Then, in a bowl, pour butter over crushed pretzels and mix, coating evenly. Sprinkle 2 tbsp. white sugar and continue to stir evenly.
2. Spread mixture in bottom of greased casserole dish.
3. Soften cream cheese and mix well, folding in the cup of sugar. Using a rubber spatula, spread over top of pretzel layer. Make sure to spread evenly to edges, eliminating holes. The pretzels must be sealed underneath or jello mixture will leak through and ruin the dish.
4.Boil 2 cups of water. Once boiling, add the package(s) of jello mix and dissolve. Remove from heat. In place of the cold water normally added to jello, instead add the semi-thawed strawberries.
5. Carefully ladle the strawberry jello mix onto the cream cheese layer, being sure not to break through the cream cheese layer.
6. Refrigerate overnight. Cut desired sized pieces out as you serve the dish.