"This is the meatloaf my grandmother made. Everyone always loved it, including people who hate meatloaf. My grandmother was way ahead of her time nutritionally. We always ate more vegetables than all of my friends."
2. Finely chop green onion, white onion, celery and carrot by hand or in a food processor. Set aside.
3. Finely chop the basil.
4. In a large bowl, combine the beef, eggs, chopped green and white onion, celery and carrot. Add cereal, tomato paste, basil and worcestershire sauce. Mix thoroughly until all ingredients are incorporated.
5. Season with salt and pepper to taste and press the mixture into in a lightly greased 5x9 inch loaf pan, OR form into a loaf and place in a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish.
6. Cover the meatloaf with the ketchup. Place bacon over the ketchup.
7. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 1 hour.