"I came up with this recipe after a search through available recipes for fish turned up nothing appealing. It's pretty simple, and uses things I often keep on hand during the summer months. I asked my husband (who also cooks) what we could do to improve on the recipe, and his response was, "make more!""
1. In a medium skillet, saute onions and fresh peppers in 1 Tbsp olive oil 1 minute, then add 2 cloves minced garlic and heat until tender, but not brown (1 minute more on medium heat). Transfer to a large bowl and set aside.
2. Using same skillet, heat red pepper and capers with remaining garlic and oil on medium-high heat until heated through. Turn the head to low, add spinach, coating with oil, and wilting the spinach (less than a minute). Transfer this to the bowl with the onion mixture.
3. Add crumbled feta cheese, white wine vinegar, lemon juice, and spices to your taste.
4. Cut a pocket into one edge of each fillet, careful not to puncture but one edge. Make the pocket as large as possible, though. Stuff the fillets with the veggie mixture and secure slit edge with 2 toothpicks. I squeeze the remaining 1/2 lemon on the outside of the fish, and cover with dill, but this is optional.
5. Grill on pierced aluminum foil coated with cooking spray, until meat is no longer transparent, and flakes easily (4 minutes per side, depending on your grill). You could also bake or broil, if preferred.