1. Heat milk,water,sugar,salt and butter..until butter melts or at (110 degrees)
2. add potato flakes set aside.
3. measure 1 cup of flour and the yeast in stand mixer with paddle attachment. mix until combined
4. add the wet ingredients stir until combined then add the one egg, mix until egg is well incorporated.
5. Gradually add the remaining 2 1/2 cups of flour, dough should be slightly sticky..
6. Turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 5 minutes till smooth.
7. Cover the dough in a lightly greased bowl for 30 minutes to an hour or until it has doubled in bulk.
8. Grease a 9x13 metal pan; sprinkle flour on top of the dough; use an ice cream scoop to measure out the dough(1/4 cup)to prevent dough from sticking to the ice cream scoop, you can dip it in the melted butter or spray it with nonstick spray.
9. bake in a preheated 375 degree oven; makes 12-16 rolls; bake for 15- 20 minutes or until golden brown.
10. Remove from oven and pour melted butter on top..best served warm..