"My mother is full-blodded Sicilian. Christmas Eve we celebrated the Vigil and had 7 fish dishes. Since my children were not super fans of anything more than shrimp I made manicotti to add to the squid and ocotpus they didn't like.
The crepes and the fuffy cheese and cheese and spinach filling are sure to satisfy vegetarians as well."
2. Gradually add flour alternatly with milk, beating in blender or mixer until smooth.
3. Beat in melted butter.
4. Refrigerate at least 1 hour.
For the Filling:
Heat samll fry pan. Have a small bowl of vegetable oil and a pastry brush nearby. Heat the pan and ladle in enough batter to coat the bottom of the pan, cook until the first side turns light brown turn the crepe over to cook other side.
4. Pile cooked crepes inbetween layers of waxed paper on a dish.
For the Ricotta Filling:
1. Mix spinach with ricotta, cream cheese, parmesan, onion powder, oregano, parsley, green onion, salt and eggs.
2. Pour and spread marinara sauce into bottom om 13" x 9" Pyrex pan.
3. Spoon 5 tablesoons of cheese mixture into center of each crepe. Roll up; place in pan.
4. Top rolled crepes with additional sauce and sheredded mozzarella cheese.