"I made up this one-pot curry one night when I came home hungry from work and wanted to whip up something quick but exciting. It mixes sweet, spicy, sour and savory flavors and is easy to make in under an hour. You can augment it with extra vegetables if you want."
1. Heat oil in a wide-bottom saucepan or deep skillet. Add onion and bell pepper (if using) and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, 5-10 minutes until onion is translucent and peppers are tender.
2. Combine garlic, curry powder, paprika, ginger, black and cayenne pepper with a little water to make a paste. Add the paste to the onions and peppers.
3. Add the chicken immediately, stir to coat in spice mixture, and continue to cook, stirring, for another 5 minutes, until the chicken is just done on all sides.
4. Add the mango juice, vinegar, and tomato paste. Turn the heat down and simmer about 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and sauce has thickened.
5. Correct seasoning, adding more mango juice if too spicy or tart. Serve over hot basmati rice.