3. Add the eggs and half of the flour mix thoroughly.
4. Add the rest of the flour and beat for a couple of minutes.
5. Divide between 2 greased 8inch cake tins and place in the oven at 180C/350F/G.M.4. for 25mins, or until golden brown. Remove and allow to cool on a wire rack.
For the icing:
1. In a saucepan melt the butter over a medium heat.
2. Once melted add the milk and the caster sugar. Boil rapidly for 1 minute.
3. Remove from the heat and add the glucose, vanilla and colouring.
4. Add half of the icing sugar and beat thoroughly.
5. Add the other half and beat thoroughly. If too thick add 1tbsp Milk and Beat.
For the cream:
Whip the cream lightly and add the icing sugar. Then add the food colouring and mix through.
Once sponge is cooled spread each of the risen sides with the jam and sandwich together. Using a palette knife spread the cream around the sides of the cake giving an even layer. Place sugar strands on a flat tray. Roll the creamed side of the cake into the sugar strands giving an even coating. Neaten up the edges. Using a piping bag pipe the pink icing onto the top of the cake. (if too hard then microwave for 20-30seconds until softened.) Dust the top with icing sugar. Place the cake onto a silver cake server. Using the leftover cream pipe around the base of the cake to neaten up the edge. Serve.