(2) In a large bowl mix together the crumb ingredients: 1/4 c. shortening, 1 1/2 c. flour, and 1 c. brown sugar.
(3) In a medium bowl, mix liquid ingredients: 3/4 tsp baking soda, 1/8 tsp nutmeg, dash of ginger, dash of cinnamon, 1/8 tsp salt, 3/4 c. mild molasses.
(4) Now stir in 3/4 c. hot water. (I usually use around 110 degrees)
(5) In a separate bowl mix the flour, salt and shortening, add 5 T. of ice water and stir. I use a fork, but you can use whatever works for you. I use this much water, because then I can push the dough into the muffin pans and I don't have to roll it out. If you need to add the other T. of water. Now knead the dough either on a floured surface or in the actual bowl.
(6) Roll in the dough into a ball. Cut the ball in half. Take on of the balls and then cut that in half. Now you have to cut that into thirds. Do the same with the other one. And then repeat the other. You should have 12 crusts for the muffin pans.
(7) Spray the muffin pans and then push the crusts into the pans.
(8) Put the a small amount of the crumb mixture on the bottom of the crust. Enough to cover. Now put a enough liquid to almost cover the crumb mixture. Repeat about 4 or 5 times, or until it is around 3/4 of the full. **Save some of the crumb mixture. You will use it later**
(9) When all of the Shoo-fly Mini-Pies are finished, they are ready to be baked.
(10) Put them in the preheated oven at 450 degrees for approx. 10 minutes. When the time is finished, sprinkle the reserved crumbs on the tops. Usually the tops will absorb the crumbs and most people enjoy the crumbs, so I add more.
(11) After that is finished, lower your oven to 350 degrees and bake it for 20 minutes.
(12) When baking time is done, place on cooling racks to cool and let store in airtight containers. Enjoy!